for the House of Commons
|Electorate||74,468 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Durrington, Goring-by-Sea, Worthing|
|Member of Parliament||Sir Peter Bottomley (Conservative)|
Worthing West is a constituency[n 1] represented in the House of Commons of the UK Parliament since its 1997 creation by Sir Peter Bottomley, a Conservative, who is the Father of the House of Commons. [n 2]
- Worthing wards: Castle, Central, Durrington, Goring, Heene, Marine, Northbrook, Salvington, and Tarring.
- Arun wards: East Preston, Ferring, Rustington West and Rustington East.
The constituency covers the central and western two-thirds portion of Worthing, plus the villages of Ferring, East Preston and Rustington in the district of Arun. The eastern parts of the town are in the East Worthing and Shoreham constituency.
The seat was created in 1997 as Worthing and Shoreham were re-divided.
Before 1945, this exact land was in the Horsham and Worthing seat.
In the timing of the 2019 results this seat gave the Conservatives a majority, being the 326th counted up.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrats||Jamie Bennett||6,024||11.0||+5.5|
|Liberal Democrats||Hazel Thorpe||2,982||5.5||-3.3|
|Liberal Democrats||Hazel Thorpe||4,477||8.8||−19.1|
|Liberal Democrats||Hazel Thorpe||13,687||27.9||+1.2|
Elections in the 2000s
|Liberal Democrats||Claire Potter||12,004||26.7||+0.2|
|Legalise Cannabis||Chris Baldwin||515||1.2||New|
|Liberal Democrats||James Walsh||11,471||26.5||−4.6|
Elections in the 1990s
|Liberal Democrats||Christopher Hare||16,020||31.1|
|Conservative win (new seat)|
- SE_90_Worthing West CC.pdf, 2023 Proposed boundaries for Worthing West by the Boundary Commission for England.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "W" (part 5)
- "Worthing West Parliamentary constituency". BBC News. BBC. Retrieved 27 November 2019.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Worthing West parliamentary constituency - Election 2017" – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Worthing West". BBC News Online. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- "Election Data 2005". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Worthing Borough Council - Elections 2005 - Parliamentary & County Council". Archived from the original on 3 February 2011.
- "Election Data 2001". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.
- "Election Data 1997". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 15 October 2011. Retrieved 18 October 2015.